Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default New study on wind energy

On Jul 20, 1:53*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
jamesgangnc wrote:

As to the co2, we are also raising the co2 level. *That's a fact. *The
bydrocarbons were buried in the ground. *We're releasing them and
breaking them up and combing the freed carbon with oxygen to produce
co2. *Who knows maybe we will be the start of the next cycle that
produces new hydrocarbons for some other lifeform to dig up a couple
hundred million yeasr from now. *On the short term the consequences
might not be so good for us.

I trust you'll permit an analogy to illustrate the CO2 in the atmosphere and
its increase.

If the atmosphere could be represented by the area of a football field,
including the end-zones, the amount of CO2 is roughly equal to the area
occupied by a prostate official who died as a result of seven stab wounds
inflicted by irate fans after he made four consecutive bad calls against the
home team.

The increase in CO2, since 1900, could be represented by the stain left on
the astoturf as he slowly bled out without a single person coming to his
aid.

(In case you're interested, the remaining seventeen minutes of play took
place without a single penalty.)

In other words, CO2 ain't much (one three-hundredths of one percent).

It ain't the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere that counts. It is the
_effect_ it has.

I hope you aren't in the "CO2 isn't a gsreenhouse gas" crowd. Or like
my old man "if a little bit is good, a bunch more lot is better".

The climate is warming. Whether due to nature, to man or a
combination of both can be argued but the basic fact is that it _is_
warming.

Harry K