Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Suggestions Replacing P4 CPU Heat Sink Retainer?

doug wrote:

On Jul 19, 10:25 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
doug wrote:

On Jul 16, 7:24 pm, KenO wrote:
Hi Doug,

"I had this same problem on a 2350 dell. I simply made new retaining
clips from metal strips.works ok."

Sounds Good!!!

Any suggestions? Also if you were going to make "new retaining clips"
again, would you make any changes in either design or material?

Ken

Hi Ken,well on my p.c. the original retainer clips had nothing
to latch on to,as the plastic `slots` on heatsink base had
broken off.I made up `L` shaped brackets 25mm.by 25mm
with 6mm hole drilled each end,removed 4 screws and lifted
off heatsink base,slid homebrew clips under the base,
refit h.sink base with the screws passing thru` the holes in
the homemade clips.This now gave the original spring clamps
somewhere to hook on to ! Hope you can follow this Ken !
Am not sure how to include a piccy with this post, or would
have taken snap with digi.cam.

You have two problems posting photos here. You re using google groups
which doesn't access binaries newsgroups, and this isn't a binaries
newsgroup.

Ok, point noted ! always ready to learn. thanks Doug

As you can see (Or should be able to. I'm not sure about Google
Groups) from the header of this message, I use Flicker