Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default OT relocating a deck/pool

"stryped" wrote in message
My parents have a 4 year old 16x32 doughboy oval pool. They have torn
the liner inadvertantly cleaning it and have decided they dont want
it

Vinyl repairs kits are available for these which are effective, and
reasonably priced.

anymore. They just put a salt water system in it last year. The deck
completely encirles the pool and cost a lit of money.

I might be interested in the generator cell and controller if it ends up for
sale

How hard would it be to take this apart and reuse both the deck and
pool at my house?

They are not very difficult to take apart and re-assemble provided they
haven't been sitting there rusting for going on several years--I did one
about 20 years ago....bought it used off the nickel ads, no problems to
speak of...IIRC I had to patch the area where the skimmer attaches to the
sidewall before we bolted the skimmer back on was all...

How would you go about taking apart the deck in
pieces where it could be reassembled? I have a tractor and trailer at
my disposal. I appreciate any advice.

If the deck surface is made of wood and screws were used then you should be
able to salvage most if not all of the decking--although the joists might
need to be cut down a bit in which you will end up with slightly less square
footage on the platform.

Do these things increase/decrease the value of your home?

Depends a lot on the prospective buyer IMO....

FWIW, I've no doubt that even if you don't want to take it home it's still
definately worth some fairly serious money if you can line up a buyer....so
you might want to check craigslist and see what these are going for in your
area--usually, it is stipulated that the buyer needs to tear it out...

--so unless it's totally trashed then at the very least you should be able
to find someone that will haul it away for free because they also make
excellent reservoirs for rainwater irrigation systems and also can be
adapted for potable water storage in desert climates.