Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default hp printer 0xc05d1281 error code also ink exceeded threshold

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:07:25 +0100, Adrian C
wrote:

On 19/07/2011 18:29, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

where is the hp tech when you need him/her?

India.

Oh, one day an "it" in the cloud. Can you imagine a computer programmed
to *completely* understand speech, speaking to ya with a *completely
human* but synthesised voice? Oh, and some actual working neural network
assisted IQ.

Sure. I've seen the human version in action. Have you ever had to
call any government office asking for help? Perhaps call a service
company asking for a billing adjustment? Well, that's exactly what
such an IVR (interactive voice response) system will sound like. The
computer will simply convert the human idiocy into computerized
idiocy. "I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're saying..."

May not be perfect in this decade, but certainly the next and definately
before the end of time (where it would correctly phone up and insult
someone's Mother-in-Law but unwittingly cause global nuclear meltdown).

Unlikely but possible. Think of it this way... The same government
that can't balance its own budget, will soon be tasked with balancing
yours.

There will be lots of phone tech support humans thrown planetwide out of
work in the neverending chase to provide service at highest profit
margin. There will also be all the phone-sex gals also thrown out of
work, the human like mucky responses by the machines would be so 'good'.

With all the out of work support and IT people, nobody will have the
money to pay for the phone sex anyway. Think of outsourcing and
computerization as self-limiting. When the money runs out, it stops.

What will all these people do?

Dunno. Probably live on government welfare, supported by the few that
are still working. Of course, nobody will actually be producing
anything, as all manufacturing will be shipped overseas to preserve
the ecology or something. So, domestic commerce will be largely
administrative and managerial, where everyone is a supervisor.
Visualize a department full of people organized to tell the one person
doing productive work what to do, when to do it, how to do it, etc.
(I've actually seen this in action).

"I've got a good brush here, er, ye don't want to stick your feet in
that there robot! How would you like ya shoes shined sir?"

It's more likely that the robot will want his shoes shined, and has
the money to pay for it. Next step would be a constitutional
amendment, giving robots the vote.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D