Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default hp printer 0xc05d1281 error code also ink exceeded threshold

any help is greatly appreciated
this machine will have to be junked if i cant fix it
does any one know MFG code
* + # then 1, 2, 4 i got that far then i need help
i put it in MFG user mode found out it had an exceeded ink threshold
error
when rebooted
also when rebooting i saw a checkboard pattern then a color bar
pattern.
now i got out of MFG mode and back the originial trouble.

being a master technicain myself i thought you guys could put me on
the right track
i havent used this site in a while hoping it is still monitored.

thanks
samuel

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 18/07/2011 16:42, tronic wrote:
any help is greatly appreciated
this machine will have to be junked if i cant fix it
does any one know MFG code
* + # then 1, 2, 4 i got that far then i need help
i put it in MFG user mode found out it had an exceeded ink threshold
error
when rebooted
also when rebooting i saw a checkboard pattern then a color bar
pattern.
now i got out of MFG mode and back the originial trouble.

being a master technicain myself i thought you guys could put me on
the right track
i havent used this site in a while hoping it is still monitored.

Don't have this printer (normally sling them) but is ...

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/50063

any help?

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 18, 2:35*pm, Adrian C wrote:
[...]

I already found the internet "fix it sites" they are of no use
anymore.
i need an HP tech or someone who might have worked for them who would
know this error. (ink exceeded threshold) do not ship under the MFG
user menu .

does anyone know how to user the MFG - user menu on these units.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tronic Inscribed thus:

On Jul 18, 2:35Â*pm, Adrian C wrote:
On 18/07/2011 16:42, tronic wrote:

any help is greatly appreciated
this machine will have to be junked if i cant fix it
does any one know MFG code
* + # Â*then 1, 2, 4 i got that far then i need help
i put it in MFG user mode found out it had an exceeded ink
threshold error
when rebooted
also when rebooting i saw a checkboard pattern then a color bar
pattern.
now i got out of MFG mode and back the originial trouble.

being a master technicain Â*myself i thought you guys could put me
on the right track
i havent used this site in a while hoping it is still monitored.

Don't have this printer (normally sling them) but is ...

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/50063

any help?

--
Adrian C

I already found the internet "fix it sites" they are of no use
anymore.
i need an HP tech or someone who might have worked for them who would
know this error. (ink exceeded threshold) do not ship under the MFG
user menu .

does anyone know how to user the MFG - user menu on these units.

Is it possible that the waste ink container is full !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 18, 4:23*pm, Baron wrote:
tronic Inscribed thus:

[...]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * Baron.- Hide quoted text -

sure the waste ink container why didn't i think of that.

oh yeah because if the "waste ink container" was full
I WOULD HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER WITH IT ON IT!

that is funny though

ok i guess me search is elsewhere
there are no more brilliant people on here

where is the hp tech when you need him/her?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 05:21:35 -0700 (PDT) tronic
wrote in Message id:
:

On Jul 18, 4:23*pm, Baron wrote:
tronic Inscribed thus:

[...]

Damn. I was going to add my advice to this thread, but not now.
Go **** yourself and the printer you rode in on, asshole.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 19, 9:05*am, JW wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 05:21:35 -0700 (PDT) tronic
wrote in Message id:
:

On Jul 18, 4:23 pm, Baron wrote:
tronic Inscribed thus:

[...]

Go **** yourself and the printer you rode in on, asshole.- Hide quoted text -

well see it just goes to show you... JW is one of those brilliant
people i was talking about

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 19, 9:24*am, Allodoxaphobia
wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:05:52 -0400, JW wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 05:21:35 -0700 (PDT) tronic wrote:

sure the waste ink container why didn't i think of that.

oh yeah because if the "waste ink container" *was full
I WOULD HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER WITH IT ON IT!

that is funny though

ok i guess me search is elsewhere
there are no more brilliant people on here

where is the hp tech when you need him/her?

Damn. I was going to add my advice to this thread, but not now.
Go **** yourself and the printer you rode in on, asshole.

ok i am sorry for insulting this site and the technicians in it.

this machine doesnt have a waste ink absorber or container or such, at
least none that i can find.

thanks for your advice Baron

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 05:21:35 -0700 (PDT), tronic
wrote:

Next time you ask a question, please include the model number of the
printer. I found it in another message you posted:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1153494

ok i guess me search is elsewhere
there are no more brilliant people on here

Good. Start searching on the HP support forums:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Cartridge-and-Printhead/bd-p/Ink
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Board%3AInk&q=c61 80
There's one message asking about this specific error code, that
appeared after an "expired" cartridge was replaced. However, there
was no answer.

In the future, if you expect sane answers, try not to insult those
that are wasting their time trying to be helpful.

where is the hp tech when you need him/her?

India.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:34:02 -0700 (PDT), tronic
wrote:

ok i am sorry for insulting this site and the technicians in it.

Ok, you're forgiven. For penitence, find someone with a problem in
this newsgroup, and do the necessary research needed to fix their
problem. Try not to get frustrated by the general lack of supplied
information. I think the experience might do you some good.

this machine doesnt have a waste ink absorber or container or such, at
least none that i can find.

You didn't look very hard. Apply power, lift the lid, and wait for
the ink cart carrier to move to the center of the machine. If you
look towards the right and down, you'll see a large felt pad covered
with wet ink. That's the common excuse for an ink absorber found in
commodity printers. Replacing the felt pad or cleaning it is a major
operation. What often happens is a cartridge leaks or drips onto the
pad, eventually saturating it. Sometimes, it builds a stalagmite
mount that will hit the head. When that happens, the printer
generates some manner of error message, but I'm too lazy to find it.
There's also an optical sensor that might get sprayed with ink. I
don't recall if the C6180 has a encoder strip along the head traveler,
but that sometimes gets sprayed with ink.

However, the Error 0xc05d1281 means "Ink System Failure" which might
mean that you have ink all over the contacts, a defective refill,
cracked head, shredded flex PCB on the head, shredded ribbon cable on
the traveler, crappy connection from the ribbon cable to the PCB, or
some genuine blown electronics. Hard to tell from here. I've fixed
similar mysterious problems by simply cleaning everything, and
reseating accessible connectors.

Anyway, go ask your question in the HP AOI Support Forum and you'll
probably get a better answer.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:40:42 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Amazing what one can find with Google:
http://www.out-of-warranty.com/how-to-reset-hewlett-packard-hp-all-in-one-printers/

"Ali, i had the same code show uphoto in my c-8180. Unplug the
power from behind the printer, then wait 60 seconds. Hold down the
"print photo" and "cancel" at the same time. You should be able
to see it with a blank screen for several seconds and then presto!
Try again and again if at first it doesnt work. I was able to reset
mine just a couple of days ago."

Yes, I know you have a C6180 and this if for a C8180 but try it
anyway.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

i was using the MFG mode and and was able to print .since the black
ink doesnt work i was getting blank pages. i did manage to print the
ink alignment page from there and found that ly cyan was not
printing.

However, the Error 0xc05d1281 means "Ink System Failure" which might
mean that you have ink all over the contacts, a defective refill,
cracked head, shredded flex PCB on the head, shredded ribbon cable on
the traveler, crappy connection from the ribbon cable to the PCB, or
some genuine blown electronics. Hard to tell from here. I've fixed
similar mysterious problems by simply cleaning everything, and
reseating accessible connectors.

i will clean the ink cartridge carrier and lines and contacts , let
you know what i find.

thanks
samuel

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19/07/2011 10:21 PM, tronic wrote:
On Jul 18, 4:23 pm, wrote:
tronic Inscribed thus:

On Jul 18, 2:35 pm, Adrian wrote:
[...]

You really need a better strategy when seeking help. Being obnoxious to
those people whose suggestions don't pan out is not the way to go.

Sylvia.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19/07/2011 18:29, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

where is the hp tech when you need him/her?

India.

Oh, one day an "it" in the cloud. Can you imagine a computer programmed
to *completely* understand speech, speaking to ya with a *completely
human* but synthesised voice? Oh, and some actual working neural network
assisted IQ.

May not be perfect in this decade, but certainly the next and definately
before the end of time (where it would correctly phone up and insult
someone's Mother-in-Law but unwittingly cause global nuclear meltdown).

There will be lots of phone tech support humans thrown planetwide out of
work in the neverending chase to provide service at highest profit
margin. There will also be all the phone-sex gals also thrown out of
work, the human like mucky responses by the machines would be so 'good'.

What will all these people do?

"I've got a good brush here, er, ye don't want to stick your feet in
that there robot! How would you like ya shoes shined sir?"

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:07:25 +0100, Adrian C
wrote:

On 19/07/2011 18:29, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

where is the hp tech when you need him/her?

India.

Oh, one day an "it" in the cloud. Can you imagine a computer programmed
to *completely* understand speech, speaking to ya with a *completely
human* but synthesised voice? Oh, and some actual working neural network
assisted IQ.

Sure. I've seen the human version in action. Have you ever had to
call any government office asking for help? Perhaps call a service
company asking for a billing adjustment? Well, that's exactly what
such an IVR (interactive voice response) system will sound like. The
computer will simply convert the human idiocy into computerized
idiocy. "I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're saying..."

May not be perfect in this decade, but certainly the next and definately
before the end of time (where it would correctly phone up and insult
someone's Mother-in-Law but unwittingly cause global nuclear meltdown).

Unlikely but possible. Think of it this way... The same government
that can't balance its own budget, will soon be tasked with balancing
yours.

There will be lots of phone tech support humans thrown planetwide out of
work in the neverending chase to provide service at highest profit
margin. There will also be all the phone-sex gals also thrown out of
work, the human like mucky responses by the machines would be so 'good'.

With all the out of work support and IT people, nobody will have the
money to pay for the phone sex anyway. Think of outsourcing and
computerization as self-limiting. When the money runs out, it stops.

What will all these people do?

Dunno. Probably live on government welfare, supported by the few that
are still working. Of course, nobody will actually be producing
anything, as all manufacturing will be shipped overseas to preserve
the ecology or something. So, domestic commerce will be largely
administrative and managerial, where everyone is a supervisor.
Visualize a department full of people organized to tell the one person
doing productive work what to do, when to do it, how to do it, etc.
(I've actually seen this in action).

"I've got a good brush here, er, ye don't want to stick your feet in
that there robot! How would you like ya shoes shined sir?"

It's more likely that the robot will want his shoes shined, and has
the money to pay for it. Next step would be a constitutional
amendment, giving robots the vote.