Lazarus Long

Default IPE source in Wisconsin

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:46:02 GMT, Rick Chamberlain
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Where abouts are you located Rick?

Worzella now stores the ipe in sheds directly behind the main office.
You have to go through the gates to get there. Last time I was there
for ipe was last summer, and they had a pretty good selection, including
4x4s.

I'm in New Berlin - not far from Worzella actually. I just wish they
carried untreated SYP.

BTW, what price did you get on the maple? How did it compare to Kettle
Moraine?

I don't remember the price paid. It's been a long time. I think the
planks of really thick hard maple I've gotten from Kettle Moraine are
better, but this is colored by opening up one of those thick Worzella
planks and finding a big 'ol bark pocket in the center. Otherwise,
pretty much the same.

Thing is, Kettle Moraine is along the way home. It's hardly any
effort to go there. I notice that they're selling quite a bit of
exotics now. Not that I'll be making a bed out of Bolivian Rosewood.

And I really like KM's thickness sander. No setup charge and only a
buck a minute.