Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Just checkin' in

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:26:12 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 02:35:55 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:45:40 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 00:52:36 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

That's true. Living to very old age is very low on my priority list.
When my happy days are done I want to be done. I think there can
still be some happy days in front of me.

My dad turns 80 next month. He has been a widower for almost 10 yrs so
far..and is doing just fine. He will live into his 90s based on his
family history, in pretty darned good health.

You can do the same.

You just have to Want to.

Is he reasonably happy?

You are, too, Don, when you stop to think about it. You have a
wonderful famly and warm friends supporting you, a lake to go to, and
lots of skills to keep you busy. You'll meet new lady friends when
you're ready and if you like. Relax. Grief fades and life continues.

Good point, Larry, thanks for that. There is a huge hole in my life
and part (but not all) of every day is painful, but I am basically
happy. I am able to laugh and experience joy when I am with others. I
miss my companion terribly part of every day right now but I'm told by
people that should know (BTDT) that this will ease with time.