Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Just checkin' in

Don Foreman wrote:

A couple of RCM regulars have pinged me recently, and Karl checks on
me every once in a while.

I lurk from time to time but haven't had anything I thought worth
posting since the remote valve grabber -- which works great, by the
way.

I'm lurchin' along. A grief counseller told me I'm doing very well. I
thought she was pulling my chain; if this is "well" I'd hate to see
"lousy". Then I went to a grief support group meeting. Yeah, OK, I
guess I'm doing about as well as anyone does at this stage of the
process. It's a slow process and it can't be hurried. There's a lot
to do and a lot to learn. If ya don't do and learn then ya don't
progress. Much of of it is difficult and some of it is painful, but
that's how it works.

Life changes permanently when a spouse dies. It can never again be as
it was before, so the survivor will never "get over it". That doesn't
mean it can't eventually be good, just that it will be different. The
challenge is then to decide and define how life will be.

I am definitely capable of joy and laughter, and I do have some happy
times with friends and family. I've been to the cabin three times
with friends, family or when I knew that lake friends and neighbors
would be there, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's too miserably hot
and humid to go this week.

----

Did the trainwreck in Fridley make the news anywhere outside of the
twin cities metro area?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/0...ls-in-fridley/
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/photo-...in-derailment/

My local walking trail goes under that bridge. I walked under that
bridge every day, sometimes when there was a train rolling overhead.

That trail will be closed for a while. When they get the bridge
fixed, I don't think I'll be walking under it when there's a train on
it or coming!

They're working on it as a priority. Lots of very bright work lights
over there tonight.

I'm glad you checked in. I was starting to worry about you, but I
didn't want to bother you with an e-mail.

From what I've seen of others, you are on the right track, and doing
well.

How about posting something at least once a week so that we know that
you're OK? If nothing more than 'Hello', or 'I'm still here'? You're
one of the good guys and we don't want to lose you from our ranks.