Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KenO KenO is offline

Default Suggestions Replacing P4 CPU Heat Sink Retainer?

Hi Doug,

"...on my p.c. the original retainer clips had nothing to latch on
to,as the plastic `slots` on heatsink base had broken off." I have
same problem.

"I made up *`L` *shaped brackets 25mm.by 25mm with 6mm hole drilled
each end,removed 4 screws and lifted off heatsink base,slid homebrew
clips under the base, refit h.sink base with the screws passing thru`
the holes in the homemade clips.This now gave the original spring
clamps somewhere to hook on to ! * *Hope you can follow this Ken *!
Am not sure how to include a piccy with this post, or would have taken
snap with digi.cam. * Still learning here ! !" Me too!! but photos do
help!!

"Most frequently just plop a photo on someplace like photobucket and
give a link. Pick a place that has rules you like." How does that
sound to you?

Thanks again for all your help!

Ken