Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Suggestions Replacing P4 CPU Heat Sink Retainer?

Meat Plow wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:40:21 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

KenO wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your comments!

While the cost of the plastic Pentium 4 Socket 478 Heatsink Retention
Module is low ($1.59:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...6W1-51&cat=CPU ) I am not
impressed with the design/quality of this part and would like to do a
more reliable repair.

I don't really care. All the plastic mounts are cheap. I also don't
think much of Dell motherboards.

Most Dell mainboards were made by Intel. So you don't like Intel main
boards. Or you don't like Dell's limited BIOS.

Made by Intel. or with an Intel chipset? I find too many weird
problems with custom Dell motherboards, and have scrapped at least 100
computers that would only hold a custom Dell motherboard.