Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Just checkin' in

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 04:58:52 -0700 (PDT), "Denis G."
wrote:

On Jul 17, 11:36*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:
A couple of RCM regulars have pinged me recently, and Karl checks on
me *every once in a while.

I lurk from time to time but haven't had anything I thought worth
posting since the remote valve grabber -- which works great, by the
way.

I'm lurchin' along. *A grief counseller told me I'm doing very well. I
thought she was pulling my chain; *if this is "well" I'd hate to see
"lousy". *Then I went to a grief support group meeting. *Yeah, OK, I
guess I'm doing about as well as anyone does *at this stage of the
process. It's a slow process and it can't be hurried. *There's a lot
to do and a lot to learn. *If ya don't do and learn then ya don't
progress. Much of of it is difficult and some of it is painful, but
that's how it works.

Life changes permanently *when a spouse dies. It can never again be as
it was before, so the survivor will never "get over it". *That doesn't
mean it can't eventually be good, just that it will be different. *The
challenge is then to decide and define how life will be. * *

I'm not religious, but if she was looking down from heaven at you, I'm
guessing that she would want two things: 1) for you not to forget her
and 2) for you to be happy and carry on.

There's no way I will ever forget Mary K. McCann unless I get
Alzheimer's, and she absolutely would want me to carry on and be
happy. I can almost hear her saying "Way to go, Foreman".