Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default One dem days ...........

Sipping coffee at 0530 waiting for my Big Bubba helper. Very reliable. He
calls and is down with the crud. Damn.

So, I go out, and finish welding the second 32' joist out of 1.5" square
..065" tube. Tapers from 36" to 12". Has twelve braces.

I manage to horse this thing up there, working by myself on top of two
containers, up and down the ladders, clamping this, tying that, trying to
figure it so I don't have any crashes. No crashes, no slips, nothing
broken, no mashed fingers, just good old sore muscles. Not bad for an old
fart with a bad heart, a broken back, bad knees, failing hips, and two
shoulder surgeries.

Well, I got it up there, got it stood up, got it lashed. Some adjusting,
then take it back down and use it as a template, having all the pieces cut
out.

It sure kicked my butt. Went into the house, took a shower, then just slept
in the LaZBoy for a few hours.

Hope Aaron is feeling good tomorrow. I really wanted to get this done
before hot weather, but HoneyDew's sod trumped this hand...........

More photos as they develop, no pun intended.

Steve