Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default filter

On 19/07/2011 11:39 AM, T.Alan Kraus wrote:
Does anyone know how to filter posts that have multiple newsgroups
besides rec.crafts metalworking, in Thunderbird

thanks, Id like to go back to reading metal related posts.

I have swapped to thunderbird from OE - I thought I had the crossposts
and group blocking working but some are still getting through.

Key words filtering seems to work well at for most of Gunners mates posts:

If subject contains: liberal libtard democrat obama palin gay homo
politics nra etc etc etc then delete message.

I have searched forums etc to see how to better filter groups like
misc.survivalism & crossposts without any luck. It seems there are a lot
of people wanting the same thing but there is no neat solution yet.

I too would be interested in a better thunderbird solution (its better
than OE anyway).

Someone mentioned filtering for multiple commas (separating crossposted
NG's) but I can't work out the syntax needed to do this. Anyone?

I don't want to change to agent or another package or use a filter proxy
thingo. I tried it & found it too messy.