Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Deck Project - Concrete

On 7/18/2011 5:10 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote
It _very_ likely didn't. I've seen idiots fill holes with water, toss
in the 4x4, dump in a bag of crete, stir with the 4x4, then set
vertical. The resultant lump 'o crete was nice and solid the week
after. I was fairly surprised. Do try to use as little water as
possible, though.

Sakrete makes a no-mix fence post formula. They also make a lightweight
aggregate mix.

i use the regular sakrete, put in dry. it'll rain eventually. works
great. Most posts don't need concrete anyway if they are of proper depth.

--
Steve Barker