Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric[_15_] Eric[_15_] is offline

Default Working under a jacked vehicle

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

On Jul 17, 11:49 pm, "Eric" wrote:
I have zero experience with hoists except that all the ones I have seen
for
the last 10-15 years have foolproof latches on them that do not permit a
hoist to fall, period. ...
Eric-

"Foolproof" means you haven't yet stumbled into the right fool.

The easier a machine is to operate, the dumber the operator they'll
hire. I watched a UAW girl load and start an antilock brake test stand
I had built. Her nose was buried in a Barbara Cartland romance novel
and she never looked away from it.

jsw

Classic! Ya' got to love it!

I wrote some games on a machine in the old days (70s) for my young kids to
play and thought I had bulletproofed same for any contingency that could
arise. My oldest went first (about 4-5 yoa) and first thing he pressed was
the big red reset button!

Now he runs around most of the continents pushing everybody else's buttons
with his software but it just shows to go ya' there is always another angle.