Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Guitar body wiring and pickup query

Wild_Bill wrote in message

I dunno where Nigel gets his Loctite products, but they don't go bad
prematurely.. I've had tubes of the red and blue that were more than a few
years old, just stored in toolboxes or on shelves.
An absence of air is what kicks the formula off, and the bottles are
specific permeable plastics to prevent kick-off.

Since I've been putting opened superglue capsules in a jam-jar with a sachet
of activated silica gel crystals - now no problems with that glue going hard
.. The complete opposite situation to loctite it would seem.
Epoxy seems to go on and on. I'm still using a bulk pack 1Kg plus 1 Kg tubes
of epoxy that must be 20 years old.