Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Guitar body wiring and pickup query

Gareth Magennis wrote in message
news

Sections of hot melt sticks wedged in and then soldering iron and hot

melt
string "soldering " to lock in place is my resolution of this oft seen
guitar innards problem. so even if the lock nuts work loose the controls
will not rotate.

Erm. didn't I just say that?

Gareth.

In circumstances like this I use hotmelt glue sticks, unmelted , more as
engineering plastic. Cut and sliced with gardening secateurs to wedge them
in place and only melting the ends together. Much less messy for anyone
having to get in there later, to replace pots etc