Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 07:26:33 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Then again - I'm not sure when they
signed their exclusive deal with HD. Perhaps it was within the past
year or two.

No.

That though, does not make what I said "Not true". Look at their web
site.

I don't care what is claimed. I know what exists.

You also said that you saw this store a year ago. I simply wondered if the
deal with HD was since then. What makes you say no to that idea?

Because Ryobi was "exclusive" to HD long before I was in the store. In fact,
I was quite surprised at the existence of the store because of the
"exclusivity". Evidently there is some escape clause in the contract that
allows Ryobi a way to get rid of excess inventory and refurbs.

Long ago, Ryobi was just another brand. I bought a circular saw from a local
tool store and a router from one of the larger mail-order tool stores (they
also substituted a Ryobi sheetrock driver for a Makita, but it went back).