Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Obama has created more hatred and disunity than any presidentin history.

On 7/17/2011 7:41 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Larry wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 23:20:37 -0500, Ignoramus29044
wrote:

I think that Obama has created a lot of hatred and disunity among
Republicans.

The amazing thing is that his actions haven't done that among the
Democrats, whom he has built up and then let down I don't know how
many times so far in his presidency.

And what is it you're referring to? Most Democrats are centrists. Most of
the "let downs" are among liberals.

When are you guys going to wake up? Use the wipers on your rose
colored glasses, please. See what's really going on. Please look at
both sides of the issues carefully. You're seeing rosewash.

You don't have a TV, you don't seem to pay much attention to issues in any
detail, and you start off with a libretardian bias. Just what is it you
think you see?

Tell me who is better off in health terms with Obamacare, Ig. See if
you can scare up a single stat of it actually working.

Why don't you see if YOU can, Larry? Hardly any of it has been implemented
yet, except for the parts that prevent insurance companies from denying
coverage for pre-existing conditions; the part that allows young adults to
remain on their parents' coverage until age 26; and a partial closing of the
Medicare Part D gap. A high-risk pool, a temporary thing that's in effect
until 2014, also is in effect.

Among those who's coverage that has effective, what statistics are you
looking at? Has it caused you any problems?

Then scare up
stats on how many doctors and other medical people are retiring
because of it.

Tell us about those stats, since you're implying that you know what they
are.

Look at the lawsuits from dozens of states, etc.

Now move on to other areas he's "helped". Any actuals yet?

Go look at the schedule of implementation for the Act:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act

Two tidbits of information came up recently. Yesterday on a panel
discussion with Ralph Nader, Ted Turner, and and insurance executive
named Lewis, Nader mentioned that when polling doctors and nurses they
come out strongly on the side of a single payer health care system.

The other is one I saw on TV where it was mentioned that the cost of
health care premiums was coming down due to the implementation of Obama
care. I can't remember which provision it was exactly but it was
actually bringing down premiums for the first time. Lastly, we haven't
begun to hear the positive effects that are coming from the increase to
26 years of age allowing kids to stay on their parent's policies. That
alone has got to be helping a lot of people.

So I'd say Obama care is having positive effects already and it's only
beginning to be implemented. As usual, you're going to see that the dire
predictions by the right wing about Obama care will be wrong. Just like
their predictions about tax increases or cuts, or Iraq.

Hawke