Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Just got a bandsaw

On 7/16/11 11:18 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In , says...

On 7/15/11 11:59 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:35:15 -0500, wrote:

On 7/15/11 7:31 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Boeshield isn't really a lubricant. If anything, it does the opposite.

BTW, I have to call BS on that "opposite" statement. :-)

It leaves my saw table more sticky than without it. Since it lives in an
Alabama garage, sticky isn't the worst of the alternatives, however.

T-9? Really? Do you have a Teflon saw table? :-)

T-9 sprayed on and not wiped off before drying remains tacky for a long
time.

Heavy coat instructions say to spray without wiping, which is obviously
what you are doing.

I've always followed the instructions for a light coating and wiped
after spraying. (insert joke, here) I may try a heavy coat on something
like my jointer just to try to duplicate your results.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--