Rick Chamberlain

Default IPE source in Wisconsin

In article ,
says...
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 05:10:59 GMT, Rick Chamberlain
wrote:

Worzella lumber. Ask for Charlie. Great service, selection, and price.
No, I don't work there, but I did get my deck materials (including the
ipe and eb-tys) from them.

I'd forgotten about them until you posted this. The last time I went
there they were still in that series of barns a couple of miles east
of their present location. At the time, I bought several planks of
12/4 maple that came from a large stack they had in yet another place.

Where abouts are you located Rick?

Worzella now stores the ipe in sheds directly behind the main office.
You have to go through the gates to get there. Last time I was there
for ipe was last summer, and they had a pretty good selection, including
4x4s.

I'm in New Berlin - not far from Worzella actually. I just wish they
carried untreated SYP.

BTW, what price did you get on the maple? How did it compare to Kettle
Moraine?
--
Regards,

Rick