Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?

Jack Stein wrote:

I never bought a Ryobi tool but, I'd think this would be a lot
different than buying a Craftsman tool made by a brand name mfg that
makes a cheaper version of their product just for Sears. They always
had ****ty parts, like a plastic gear rather than a metal gear, crap
like that. I figured this was to insure the real tools were better
than the cheaper Sears brand.

If Sears owned it's own mfg plant, I would think they would not
necessarily use the cheap plastic gear. If Ryobi makes tools
exclusively for HD, they would be more inclined to make the best
product possible at the best possible price.

Personally, I'd be more likely to buy a Ryobi knowing this than I was
before knowing this.

Their tools may be ok, but stay away from their power equipment like string
trimmers, etc., especially the gas operated stuff. It appears that they
have their forte, but their name should not be accepted as a universal
statement of quality.

--

-Mike-