Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drilling and brazing a fuel tank

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 22:51:14 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:48:30 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:59:39 -0500, Ignoramus15459

On 2011-07-12, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:45:39 -0500, Ignoramus15459

On 2011-07-12, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 02:19:36 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Ignoramus24437 wrote:

I sense a little bit of B/S and scare talk here.

Go ahead and blow your fool head off.

Dibs on the Lincoln welder!!

Iggy has evidently never seen a gasoline vapor explosion.

I hope he never does. But YouTube may be of assistance in his learning
journey.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ine+vapor+expl

Gunner

You two gave the exact example of "B/S and scare talk" that I was
referring to.

Of course we did. Did you view the links I provided?

Yes, they were all about tanks full of gasoline when they exploded.

So you are admitting to not having viewed any of the links. Pity.

Did I mention I have..had rather..a good friend who blew a lsmall
chunk of a Ford pickup truck gas tank directly through his lower
descending aorta and bled to death within a few seconds, while
brazing up a hole in it and another who suffered 3rd degree burns
and razed the garage to the ground, while doing something similar on
a VW gas tank? Both of course were empty. Jack has had 4 skin
grafts so far and he can talk pretty well these day.

But hey...I guess they were simply victims of B/S and scare talk huh?

No, but like I said, they probably did not observe the precautions.

Actually...they did. Not well enough...shrug....

Do as you wish Iggy. Frankly..while I like you a lot...Im getting tired
of holding your hand and being told Im an idiot.

So do as I suggested..fire up the torch (forget the long pole) and
direct the flame into the gas tank. Better yet..look into the filler
nozzle while doing so. You can get a really good look and see if its
rusty in there. Really.

I will do just that and will video tape it too

Good for you Lad! Ballsy fellow! Onward!!!

Dibs on your SA-200

Gunner

If he's pointed the right direction you might not even need to have it
delivered!!!

Anyone who cuts or welds on a container that has EVER contained
gosoline or other flamables without taking adequate precautions is a
fool and an idiot.
And "adequate" does not mean "barely adequate", or "should be good
enough".

Watching the video of the guy on top of the tanker welding was very
informative. As was the huge fireball.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.