Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:30:01 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 7/15/11 12:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I had to think back. Yeah, I ordered my first 14.4v kit from HD, too.
Interesting. They're inexpensive but decent tools. I had an old Skil
9.6v drill motor before the Ryobi and the Ry was lights years ahead.
I also had two old B&D 3/8" VSRs with 1/2" chucks on them that, at
that time, had refused to die. Both have died smoky deaths since.

I consider some stuff I buy to be either disposable or on long term
lease. :-)

Right. And it's amazing how much of the previously considered
disposable crap lasts and lasts. I'm still using Dad's old Crapsman
circ saw, and both those B&D drills lasted over 30 years each. I just
picked up a HF hammer drill for $24 (coupon) so we'll see how long it
lasts in hammah mode.

The last uber-cheap B&D FireStorm 18v combo package I bought is still
kicking and I have knocked the ****e out of them. I don't expect them to
last 15 years or more like my DeWalt circ saw, but hey. I have a Skil
corded hammer saw that I simply cannot destroy. It's been left out in
the rain... run for more than 24hrs at a time as a water pump... been
tossed off the top off wall onto the subfloor deck, tossed off a near
30' roof peak into the dirt/grass... it the zombie of power-tools.

Um, what's a hammer saw?!?

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer