Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 07:13:51 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 7/15/2011 6:31 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
On 7/14/11 11:47 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:20:27 -0500, wrote:
On 7/14/11 10:32 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
David Harmon wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:00:45 -0400 in rec.woodworking, "Mike
wrote,

HD does not have any tools or other products manufactured for
them, other than exclusive labels.

Is Ryobi an "exclusive label"?

No - and that is a foolish question. Ryobi is available a lot of
places besides HD. No Ryobi models are manufactured for HD- they
are all standard models, available anywhere else Ryobi is sold.

Sure about that?
http://www.ryobitools.com/where_to_buy/the_home_depot

There are Ryobi factory outlets but I believe those are the only
places, at least in the US, where their tools are sold outside HD.

I believe the question was whether Ryobi was an exclusive brand for HD
and it's clear that they are. From what I can tell, they sell refurbs
in a few internet stores. They may have been sold retail elsewhere
but it is quite clear that HD has an exclusive retail sales deal with
them now.

It wasn't a "silly" question at all.

You are correct - it was a foolish answer - because it was incorrect. I
stand corrected, and now I'm going over to the corner for 10 minutes...

Your answer would have been right several years back. Back in 1989 I
purchased a Ryobi AP10 planer from my mom and pop tool dealer.

Somewhere back about there, I bought a 7 1/4" circular saw (almost junk) from
a local tools store and an RE-600 router (not junk) mail-order from Northern
Tools.