Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:00:43 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

On 7/14/11 11:47 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:20:27 -0500, wrote:

On 7/14/11 10:32 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
David Harmon wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:00:45 -0400 in rec.woodworking, "Mike Marlow"
wrote,

HD does not have any tools or other products manufactured for them,
other than exclusive labels.

Is Ryobi an "exclusive label"?

No - and that is a foolish question. Ryobi is available a lot of places
besides HD. No Ryobi models are manufactured for HD- they are all standard
models, available anywhere else Ryobi is sold.

Sure about that?
http://www.ryobitools.com/where_to_buy/the_home_depot

There are Ryobi factory outlets but I believe those are the only places, at
least in the US, where their tools are sold outside HD.

I believe the question was whether Ryobi was an exclusive brand for HD
and it's clear that they are. From what I can tell, they sell refurbs
in a few internet stores. They may have been sold retail elsewhere but
it is quite clear that HD has an exclusive retail sales deal with them
now.

The fact is that Ryobi stores exist, so it is *not* an exclusive HD brand.

It wasn't a "silly" question at all.

Who said it was?