Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?

On 7/15/11 4:52 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 15, 2:30 pm, wrote:
On 7/15/11 12:48 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I had to think back. Yeah, I ordered my first 14.4v kit from HD, too.
Interesting. They're inexpensive but decent tools. I had an old Skil
9.6v drill motor before the Ryobi and the Ry was lights years ahead.
I also had two old B&D 3/8" VSRs with 1/2" chucks on them that, at
that time, had refused to die. Both have died smoky deaths since.

I consider some stuff I buy to be either disposable or on long term
lease. :-)

The last uber-cheap B&D FireStorm 18v combo package I bought is still
kicking and I have knocked the ****e out of them. I don't expect them to
last 15 years or more like my DeWalt circ saw, but hey. I have a Skil
corded hammer saw that I simply cannot destroy. It's been left out in
the rain... run for more than 24hrs at a time as a water pump... been
tossed off the top off wall onto the subfloor deck, tossed off a near
30' roof peak into the dirt/grass... it the zombie of power-tools.

I once saw a cheap Black& Decker circular saw fall from the top of 8
levels of scaffolding, hitting every crossbar and diagonal on the way
down just crashing and banging, then landing on a concrete slab in a
pile of sandy mud just to be rolled over by a Cat D-9...and after all
that, it was still a useless piece of ****.

That was beautiful.

--

-MIKE-