Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:42:26 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 7/15/11 8:24 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Is Ryobi an "exclusive label"?

No - and that is a foolish question. Ryobi is available a lot of places
besides HD. No Ryobi models are manufactured for HD- they are all standard
models, available anywhere else Ryobi is sold.

Sure about that?
http://www.ryobitools.com/where_to_buy/the_home_depot

They're also available through Amazon, eBay, etc.
HD is probably the largest seller now, though.

Anything is available though ebay, Larry.

I know. wink

The Amazon stuff is likely new-old-stock or the re-manufactured stuff.

I guess Leon looked deeper and they were all HD sales via Amazon.

The answer to the question, are they an exclusive label, without the
typical newsgroup war of semantics, is yes, they are exclusive to HD.

I had to think back. Yeah, I ordered my first 14.4v kit from HD, too.
Interesting. They're inexpensive but decent tools. I had an old Skil
9.6v drill motor before the Ryobi and the Ry was lights years ahead.
I also had two old B&D 3/8" VSRs with 1/2" chucks on them that, at
that time, had refused to die. Both have died smoky deaths since.

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer