Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Filling In A Few Old Screw Holes In Wood Siding: What To Use?

On 7/14/2011 12:32 PM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

Have a few screw 1/4" dia. approx. screw holes (screws long gone) in my
wood siding.

What's a good product to fill them up with?

I remember small tubes of "Plastic Wood"
Would this be the stuff to use, or is there something better now ?

Would have to be available in small tubes, as I onle a few holes to fill
in.

Thanks,
Bob

Is the siding painted or stained? If painted, I'd just use outdoor-rated
painter's caulk. Squeeze it in, then razor it off smooth after it dries.
If stained, use a dowel to plug, in a wood that will take stain and come
up the same color.

--
aem sends...