Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default 2 knob or 3? wiring? Holmes

On Jul 13, 2:48*pm, RBM wrote:
On 7/13/2011 8:17 AM, bob haller wrote:

On Jul 12, 11:29 am, *wrote:
On 7/11/2011 4:54 PM, bob haller wrote:

On Jul 11, 1:28 pm, * *wrote:
bob haller posted for all of us...

incidently some K&T was found on a holmes on homes show. the inspect
rebuild house show.

mike holmes said unsafe and it was all ripped out.

Yeah, he was commenting on the "repairs" to the K&T Also this is Canada.

Also snip your posts...

--
Tekkie

I wonder what percentage of ALL K&T still in use today has never been
modified? I bet near all has been modified over the years.

Just consult your Ouija board like you have in the past.

"Modified"? Probably not many systems that have not been added to with
other wiring.

And K&T is still in the NEC. One of the permitted uses is "extensions of
existing installations".

--
bud--- Hide quoted text -

Well modern electrical systems can have every electrical connection
checked by opening a workbox or fixture

With K&T there are no boxes to open, open a wall for another reason
sometimes you discover a overheated burned electrical connection
buried in the wall. where it could easily start a fire.,

Instead of pulling this nonsense out of your ass, show some
documentation, pictures, etc. of all these "burned electrical
connections" from K&T.- Hide quoted text -

Obviously you havent been around K&T.

Connections were made in walls, with no access after the plaster walls
went up.

This introduced 2 HAZARDS........

a connection could overheat and being inaccessible it cant be seen or
inspected

the connection may be around something that can burn, like insulation,
wood etc....

K&T was a good system when installed, but its aged now.