Tony

Default Yorkcraft YC-8J Jointer???

Me, I'm from Knoxville, TN.

Tony
Joseph Smith wrote in message
??? Who is from TN. I'm in VA.
"WD" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:56:48 -0500, "Tony"
wrote:

Hi Joey, I have the Yorkcraft 6" jointer, I love it......

And I'm still bitching about the freight charges.
You are from TN and I'm from KC and I pay $240 for two machines!

Tony
Joseph Smith wrote in message
The SWMBO has authorized me (when Uncle Sam returns my money)
to get a new jointer. I had been looking at the Delta 37-195 6" but

wanted
a longer table length. Then I looked at Sunhill's 6" with a 52"

table
length
but Sunhill can't get any in stock to their distributors until AT

LEAST
the
May timeframe. Then I stumbled onto Wilke Machinery Company who
make Bridgewood and Yorkcraft products. They have their YC-8J, 8",
72" table length jointer on sale from $795.00 to $599.00 and until

March
20
they are taking 25% of their shipping costs. Anyone ever use

Yorkcraft?
It is a helluva a deal on an 8" jointer and I know I can't expect it

be
as
good as a DJ-20 (which I'll never be able to afford); but for a

hobbyist
who is looking to square a face on long boards for planing as well as
joint
an edge, is this a reliable machine? Any inputs will be appreciated
(inputs
about the jointer that is).

http://www.wilkemach.com/OnlineCatal...hDetail=309904
8