Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Question on transit tripods

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:45:44 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 7/12/2011 4:16 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

The surveyor who lived in my house before me left an old tripod and
you can have it for the postage cost if you like. It has a 1" long,
1/2-5/8" tapered mount, telescoping legs, and half a black
crinkle-paint finish left on the top section. There is no bracing, but
that's easy enough to fab up. It's 2 lb 10 oz without packing.

That's going to be far too light for what I want to do with the camera,
but I sure appreciate the offer!

Jewelcome. BTW, what -are- you going to be doing? What's the package
weight on the head, ball'n'all?

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach