Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Question on transit tripods

On 7/12/2011 8:14 AM, wrote:

Thanks for the link, that 6300 series looks like a nice sturdy tripod!
Where are you at that you can find camera swap meets? That's one of the
first things I searched for and asked about. But being rural has it's
drawbacks, can't find reference to anything near by. Not even in
Sacramento. Doesn't mean there aren't any, just haven't found any info.
There seems to be only 2 -real- camera stores in Sacramento anymore,
plane to get to at least one and ask. Also might try a run up to Reno
this summer and hit some pawn shops.
Always nice to have a specific make and model to search for, so maybe
one will turn up on CL.

Always on the lookout for yard sales now that mention cameras.
I have seen surveyor's tripods at yard sales, the type I am looking
for, but now that I want one....

Jon