Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Testing flush toilets

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 01:25:19 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/10/2011 11:55 PM, harry wrote:
On Jul 10, 11:55 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 7/10/2011 1:11 PM, harry wrote:

On Jul 10, 6:57 am, Higgs wrote:
High on the list of things I really didn't need to know is how
engineers test a flush toilet's "load". According to Popular
Mechanics, their unit is a condom full of 50 grams of miso paste.
"Engineers flush six units to simulate a typical man's demands. At
trade show demos, folks toss in 10 units at a time. The 1/2 kilo test
proves the loo can handle even the toughest encounters."

I used to like Japanese food, but now...

HB

The inventor of the modern flush toilet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Jennings
The man who made them popular.
http://uk.ask.com/question/year-did-...ted-the-toilet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crapper,_Thomas
Still ont he go.
http://www.thomas-crapper.com/

Didn't the ancient Romans have public toilets? What I've seen in
pictures looked like a row of openings over a trough of running water
to carry the waste away. Jennings got folks away from outhouses and
chamber pots with his flush toilet. I grew up part of my life in a rural
area so I've seen my share of outhouses and chamber pots. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Yep. There are a few remaining over here. (Not in use before you ask).
They used to wipe their arses with the toilet brush too. They were
real men.

Were it a wire brush there laddie? Real men clean their arse with a wire
brush! :-)

Perhaps harry *has* to.