Posted to alt.home.repair
Una Una is offline

Default Metal shed flooring system, use it or not?

This shed is within all zoning requirements. It replaces an old shed
with the same footprint, that was not anchored (prior owner put it up)
and blew off in a 60 mph wind after the door was left open. Anchoring
is okay, even recommended.

It is in high desert, where rainfall is limited but arrives in bursts.

The rainwater intrusion is largely because the slab is 5 feet longer
than the shed, forming a porch that is level, not sloped for drainage
away from the shed. The other problem is that turf has grown up and
forming a low dam around the slab. I will lower the turf or replace
it with a gravel drain.

It is a very good slab, and we have plans for it in future, so don't
want to mess it up by pouring another slab on top of it. Also, it is
in a location that is no longer accessible by a cement truck.

This thread has helped us to decide to use the anchor system but omit
the floor system.

Una