Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default fixing old window - pic attached

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"leza wang" wrote in message
..
.
my bed room windows is too old i need to do some repair (i.e. wood
filling, cleaning, painting etc). I am not sure how to open it to
clean it and do the wood filling. i could not find any youtube video
to show how to repair an old 2 hung window. any help would be very
much appreciated. the following are pictures of my windows which are
identicals

http://tinypic.com/r/2m43kzs/7
http://tinypic.com/r/2whnnva/7

Unless the house has some historical significance, don't even try.
You can buy replacement windows that will seal better, tilt in for
cleaning, and save energy. Not to mention just plain work better. I
used to sell and install them years ago. Once you've done a few, you
can do a window in less than 30 minutes start to finish.

Don't disagree with you at al Ed. I would not think to do anything but
replace it.

OP is on 2nd floor. Need to mention window gets installed from outside as
far as I know.