Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter2 Peter2 is offline

Default Gel on finished PCB?

"Braunbear" wrote in message
Thanx everyone for the quick responses. I appreciate the effort. Well,
i learned that there is no gel, other than possible flux residue. I
opened my unit and discovered no gel or residue, but I do have the
symptoms of the defect. I just wish the manufacturer would be more
forthcoming and let us know what went wrong as the symptoms are
intermittent and the fix did not work for me. My cable and connectors
were replaced. Not to mention, this happened to so many units across
the entire model lineup that its hard to imagine they were all not
washed properly. Thanx again.

Well since the 'well known manufacture' is a secret, how do you expect to
get a valid answer? Get serious, what make and model are you talking about?