Posted to alt.home.repair
croy croy is offline

Default Magical flood light at Lowe's

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:41:18 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

On 7/10/2011 12:39 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I was at Lowe's today looking for a flood light. They had, what I
believe is model SH-6058-WH on display:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_148832-85538...0051&langId=-1

It exhibited a magical featu rather than turning instantly on and
off, it faded in and faded out. I liked that feature because I found
it less jarring.

But I didn't buy the light because there was nothing on the box or
in the literature (had my iphone on me) that mentions this feature.
A google search (flood light "fade in") reveals nothing.

Is anyone familiar with flood lights like that? Or could it have
been some special light bulbs?

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

Mine actually work that way, however, they are hooked to X10 wall
switches. An X10 motion detector turns them on if it is not
daytime. Otherwise, 24/7 it rings an inside chime.

Just to be sure, you mean that the motion detector will ring
the chime when it detects motion, whether it is daytime or
not. Rather than the chime rings 24/7. I guess I just read
that the wrong way at first.

--
croy