Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default fixing old window - pic attached

"leza wang" wrote in message
my bed room windows is too old i need to do some repair (i.e. wood
filling, cleaning, painting etc). I am not sure how to open it to
clean it and do the wood filling. i could not find any youtube video
to show how to repair an old 2 hung window. any help would be very
much appreciated. the following are pictures of my windows which are
identicals

http://tinypic.com/r/2m43kzs/7
http://tinypic.com/r/2whnnva/7

It does look like a second floor window so consider that when I say,

Most old double hung windows have long since been painted or caulked so that
the top sash does not move.
Removing the storm window allows access to both sashes. Repairs and glazing
can be applied in this manner without further damage or effort.

As designed the lower sash was removable from the inside, by removing the
interior trim along the inside edge of each window.
As designed the outer sash was removable from the inside, by removing the
parting bead, the rectangular shaped piece of vertical wood between the
sashes. After all these years of paint and caulk it is not likely to come
out with ease. Chances are it will break during removal.

So removing the storm window is your best option for repairing these.

--
Colbyt