Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterproofing plywood: Poly, epoxy....?

Jack Stein wrote in
:

*snip*

Also, my HD always has good lumber. The biggest problem I see is
pricing. For example, they always sell 2x6's cheaper than the same
grade of 1x6. At first, I thought it was a mistake, I even mentioned
it to a sales guy once. It's been like this for at least a year or
two, so it's on purpose.

*snip*

You're probably looking at volume cost savings. The 2x6s can be used in a
lot of construction, while the 1x6s are more of a finish thing. For
woodworking, it works out for those with a little patience and a planer.
Get the cheaper 2x6, resaw it and plane to 5/8".

Puckdropper