Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food.fast-food
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Testing flush toilets

On 7/10/2011 10:25 AM, Mike wrote:
"Home wrote in message ...
Higgs Boson wrote:

High on the list of things I really didn't need to know is how
engineers test a flush toilet's "load". According to Popular
Mechanics, their unit is a condom full of 50 grams of miso
paste. "Engineers flush six units to simulate a typical man's
demands.

See, that's the problem.

5 or 6 Taco Bell burritos may be a better test
A condom is not the proper thing to use to simulate a log of **** in a
toilet. These "condom logs" will have very little friction with the
toilet bowl, and between each other.

I have 2 Kohler Cimerrons and have really tried, but never succeeded
to make them not flush. I also have never held to flush lever down
..... you know, to get that extra bit of water. The one serious
problem is that they have slow/soft closing seats. We always close
them to keep our pets out. So, when visiting other people and using
their facility, you might hear B A N G, when we not so gently drop
the seat.