Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat[_5_] Pat[_5_] is offline

Default Metal shed flooring system, use it or not?

"Una" wrote in message ...
We ordered a metal shed kit with anchor kit for use on a cement
slab. Along with the anchor kit came a flooring kit, beams over
which the consumer lays plywood or decking, or fills with sand.

I am unsure if it is wise to use the flooring system. This new
shed replaces a similar shed that had chronic problems with water
running in under the frame, especially in windy wet weather.
Stuff to be kept dry had to be kept up off the slab. Will using
this flooring kit create a mold problem in the shed? Or habitat
for insects and rodents?

Una

Return the anchor kit and floor. Pour a concrete floor 2 inches thick on
top of your existing slab for your new shed. That will keep your shed floor
dry. Just bolt the shed to the concrete slab using concrete anchors.