Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default 2 knob or 3? wiring?

On Jul 9, 1:02*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 7/8/2011 11:17 PM, bud-- wrote:

On 7/6/2011 10:47 PM, bob haller wrote:
and the OPs homew may be full of such hazards buried in places they
cant be seen

True, but no more true for older houses than newer houses. I do
renovations on 25 year old houses and often find all types of buried
violations

the older a home is the longer it had to get hacked wiring......

So require all older homes be demolished.

Yes, lets just destroy everything built before '78. *We will solve the
K&T problem, the aluminum wire problem, AND the lead paint problem. *And
all we'll be left with is a bunch of cheap ****ing junk that sucks to
look at.

--
Steve Barker

with all the laws for handling lead, alunimum wiring and lead paint,
to say nothing of asbestos some older homes are best torn down because
repairing just costs too much.

its better to do regular maintence and upgrades on your home each year
than let things go and be overwhelmed by costs.

so i need all new wiring with new service entrance and breaker box?
but i also need a new roof? its only 50 years old how could it be worn
out? but your also telling me i need all the galavanized water lines
replaced? they are fine the trickle flow doesnt bother me i am a
patient person. 5 minutes to fill a cup is OK... what my cast iron
sewer lines are bad too? doesnt cast iron last forever? the city has
cited me for bad sidewalks? well i will put up a sign dont walk on
them if your afraid of falling....... nope the furnce cant be bad its
a gravity model from when the house was built its like a member o the
family...

homes arent static they need regular upgrades