Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default speaking of remote controls...

In going through a new MCM catalog, I noticed something new (to me,
anyhow) -- $13 replacement remotes that are (supposedly) customized for
particular TVs -- the point being that they include menu access, PIP, and
other features not commonly found on "generic" universal remotes. They're on
page 55 of the "Summer All-Stars!" catalog, C23B22.

I wish I'd had one of these a few years ago, when the remote for my Toshiba
IDTV failed.

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right
questions." -- Edwin Land