Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lawnmower cylindrical air-filter *really* dirty -- but Sears has none. Clean it?

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 08:15:17 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"David Combs" wrote
Yes, they know about mine, Sears does *carry* them, but right now
they're (the store) out of stock. And it's a pain to drive over
there, especially in this heat and traffic (don't use A/C --
my glasses fog-up for maybe 10 minutes once I get out of the car!
no, cleaning them doesn't help -- they got too cold.)

I've been wearing glasses for 58 years and driving air conditioned cars for
over 40 years. Never had my glasses fog up from the AC making them too
cold. If they did, I'd wear a second pair rather than drive in the heat. I
cannot image what is causing yours to fog. Maybe you ned a different lens
material. Are they glass or polycarbonate?

When I first get in the car, mine can fog for a few seconds when the blower
first comes on (generally when the windows have been closed). It reminds me
to take them off. ;-)