Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lawnmower cylindrical air-filter *really* dirty -- but Sears has none. Clean it?

"dpb" wrote
It gives the manufacturer from the first three digits - in this case
MTD. You may be able to get the filter from MTD or a MTD dealer. Google
has MTD sources.

OK, my guess on Tecumseh for ancient was off...

What engine did MTD use would be the question...does the list give it? It
should be available from any decent small engine service outfit in any
locality of any size one would think...

Put the engine model number in Google and it may come up. I did that with a
B & S to find parts.