Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] greenpjs@neo.rr.com is offline

Default Refrigerator Backup

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:57:49 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

$150 for a six-by-six inch flat piece of metal is obscene.

Nevertheless, I'm considering buying one, using it as a template to make my
own, then selling the original on Ebay. I figure my net outlay, then, to be
about $10 which is a more reasonable price.

Heck, I might even make more than one, sell the copies for $50 each and
retire to a mobile home in Bakersfield!

If I decide to do that, members of this group will get first crack at the
product.

Let me know when you run a successful small business doing that. Did
you factor in the cost of insurance? having your product tested and
approved by Wyle Labs (probably 10's of thousands of dollars)?
....writing installation manuals? ...paying employees? ...paying
federal, state, and local taxes? ...and last, but not least, making
enough money to live on?

Maybe you can run a hobby business where your labor is free, but I
doubt you can run a real business at those prices. If the raw
materials cost $10 and they sell it for $150, trust me that they
aren't left with $140 in the bank at the end of the day.