Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another Fork-Lift Accident

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 04:12:18 -0500, DougC
wrote:

On 7/9/2011 1:49 AM, Steve wrote:

wrote in message ...
FFS....just spot how many basic rules of fork-lift safety are being
violated in this video.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b0c_1310175148

The guy in the "man cage" wasn't killed, which was certainly lucky for
him. I wasn't aware that a "man cage" type device was even permitted
under OSHA rules.....in fact, I doubt that it is.
Dave

What OSHA rules? That is Plymouth England!

Steve R.

Did OSAH rules on these things change [relatively] lately?

The (USA) grocery store chain I work for sent forklift man-platforms out
to all the stores a few years ago. They got used only very occasinally.
Usually the stock clerks would just get the whole pallet down, since
they'd need a bunch of whatever was on it anyway.

Then after about a year, corporate HQ sent an email around not to use
them anymore. So now every store has a bright-orange,
nearly-new-condition forklift platform sitting in the storage room. And
has for the past, oh, five years or so.

Do they sell them? I could use one of the manlift types if the price
was right.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.