Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default lawnmower cylindrical air-filter *really* dirty -- but Sears has none. Clean it?

In article , (David Combs)
wrote:

I've got this old Sears lawnmower. Problem is that the air-filter
is really filthy. REALLY filthy.

Went over to Sears yesterday -- lots of filters, mostly oblong
cross-section, or if cylindrical, too short and too fat.

Yes, they know about mine, Sears does *carry* them, but right now
they're (the store) out of stock.

If they're out of stock, they know the part number...have them order it and ship
it to you free for the inconvenience

And it's a pain to drive over
there, especially in this heat and traffic (don't use A/C --
my glasses fog-up for maybe 10 minutes once I get out of the car!
no, cleaning them doesn't help -- they got too cold.)

It's too hot, no AC and yet your glasses get too cold?

Anyway, maybe I can clean the existing filter *somewhat* -- just
enough to make a difference. And order the filter by mail -- except
Sears parts woman (phone) can't find my model. Maybe I should take
a picture of with a ruler and email it to them?

With the dimensions, you should be able to order them from any (online) store
that sells filters...even auto parts or motorcycle parts