Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default lawnmower cylindrical air-filter *really* dirty -- but Sears has none. Clean it?

In article ,
(David Combs) wrote:

Oh, where's the serial number of the lawn mower?

I searched around and found a small metal plate on which were
stamped two things:

247-384260

E291L1 (ie eee 29-ONE uppercase ell, and another digit ONE.)

No notation naming those two things, just the naked number-things.

She said that the 247-starting-thing was the model number.

Had no idea what the E-thing was.

Insisted that I find the SERIAL NUMBER.

Question: any idea where it might be?

THANKS!

David

I usually buy Sears parts online. The model number is all I've ever
needed for that. Your mower is in there but I didn't see a filter
available.